Dynatek has introduced the ARC-2 for 4 cylinder Automobile applications. This CDI ignition is capable of producing over 50, 000 Volts at the spark plug, and has the highest spark energy of any CDI on the market. It is designed to optimize the ignition of the modified vehicles, providing the strong spark needed to develop peak power for turbocharged, nitrous oxide and high compression applications.
Intelligent Spark Profiling in the restrike mode allows for less delay between successive sparks. It also features a built in launch limiter for drag style launches as well as a built in retard mode. The lightweight and compact ignition will be offered in plug in kits for select motorcycles & automotive models that will make installation a breeze, with no need to cut into the stock harness. For other models, a universal install kit is available.
- Smallest Lightest CDI on the market
- Over 189mJ delivered to the coil per spark, the highest of any other on the market
- Over 500V to the coil primary
- Over 50kV to the coil secondary (assuming a 100:1 coil)
- Intelligent Spark Profiling (ISP) allows for less delay between successive sparks
- Spark Restrike up to 4500 RPM
- Provides this high level of output from as low as 8 Volts from the battery
- Works with any 2 coil OEM ignition, with or without coil with driver (some systems may require replacement coils)
- Built in launch limiter, works from 2000-11900 RPM
- Built in programmable timing retard function
- Tach output
ARC-2 Technical Specifications
Operating Voltage: 8-20 Volts
Operating Current: 7.0A @ 10, 000 RPM
Maximum Operational RPM: 18, 000+ RPM
Ignition Inputs: 2 Rising or Falling Edge
Ignition Outputs: 2 Independent Channels
Coil Primary Energy Max: 189+ mJ
Coil Primary Voltage Max: 500+ V
Restrike Window: 25 Crankshaft Degrees
Launch Limiter Input: Single wire, ground to activate launch limit
Retard Input: Single wire, ground to activate timing retard
Tach Output: 12V square wave, 50% duty cycle
Dimensions: 4" x 4.6" x 1.4"
Weight: <1.25 lb.